2020 Standard Instrument Access Rates
- Academic/Non-Profit Rate: $60.00 per hour (max charge of 720.00 for 24 hours)
- Assisted Academic/Non-Profit Rate: $85.00 per hour
- Commercial/Industrial Rate: $240.00 per hour
2019-2020 Special Services Rates
- Carbon Thin Film Deposition: $10.00 per sample
- Calibration/Standardization for Full Quant. Analysis (prior to your scheduled instrument time): $225.00
- Monazite U-Th-Pb Geochronology: Contact us for a price estimate
Maintaining service contracts for an EMP lab is an expensive proposition! Your user fees are directly support the operation of the lab and help keep the instrument an open resource to CU researchers and greater Front Range scientific community. We strive to keep the user access fees for the instrument reasonable and competitive with the fees for similar laboratories at other institutions.
Scheduling Time on the Instrument
Please contact the laboratory manager Dr. Aaron S. Bell (email@example.com) to discuss your data needs and to schedule an appropriate block of instrument time.
The current schedule can be viewed using the Lab Calendar menu. The lab is currently in the process of adopting the Stratocore PPMS software which will provide real-time scheduling and pricing information.